Not a Man in Sight in 'The Women'!

women I went to watch 'The Women' today. Granted, Meg Ryan was the pull for me. What I didn't realize was that when the caption read 'It's all about The Women', they meant it! There wasn't a man in sight in the entire movie!

Even Debra Messing's character, who had three kids, had all girls. Meg Ryan had a daughter too. Jada Pinkett Smith was gay (funny how the word lesbian never once materialized in the movie), Annette Bening was the the hardcore single career woman, and Eva Mendes was the other woman.

The characters were people we all know and they don't offer anything new. And most of us would identify with either of them. It's a classic tale of the reawakening of a woman and how she realizes her own power. The theory being that she wouldn't have been able to do it if it weren't for the support, love and presence of her girlfriends. Meg Ryan's character wasn't a challenge. I got the feeling that I'd seen her play this role time and again.

The poster above is an excellent summary of all that female friendship is about. It's a classic chick flick, and a must watch for the good times we've all had with our friends.

Posted bySamar Owais  

2 comments:

Tazeen said... January 12, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

and I thought I was the only one who has actually see this film

Anonymous said... January 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

p.s. watched it 10 days ago. It was my treat for a new year... and i think Tazeen you aint the only one :D
I was ovely emotional when it ended and I said to my self... NO MAN!!!

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=40324fe3e21188f418ce7649e3b82666 Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites